This year has been incredible on so many levels. We’ve experienced a great deal of growth in 2006 that required cat-like reflexes! We learned a lot about what to do (and what not to do!). We also experienced growing pains that somewhat smarted, but one can’t complain about growth, right? Yay for that, we say!
We still can’t discuss the most exciting thing to happen to us this year (soon!), but I’ll touch on some of the highlights. In 2006, we…
- … garnered a full 30-second glowing testimonial on Air America’s Majority Report from our fabulous client, David T. Harris, which totally made us make dolphin-like girl noises and clap a lot.
- … were asked to participate on a panel of esteemed judges for the Six Apart Style Contest.
- … flew to Austin, TX for SXSW Interactive 2006 and participated on a panel called “How to Make $$ with Your Blog Design Skills” (listen to our podcast!), which made the Honor Roll for best panels.
- … were interviewed and featured by the fine folks at pMachine.
- … were each interviewed by Six Apart Pro Network.
- … participated in a charity fundraiser for our client, Hot Sauce Blog, by designing a label for his signature hot sauce. $5.00 from every bottle purchased went to the American Cancer Society.
- … were featured on Designers-Who-Blog.com (thanks, Cat!)
- … supported and participated in the 2006 Boobiethon!
- … had two (not one, two!) of our Moxie Signature Cocktails featured as Drink of the Day on Extra Tasty.
- … became a registered trademark (well Moxie Design Studios℠ did! — ® status is processing).
and last, but not least…
- … welcomed a new Moxie tot — Kathy’s gorgeous (and I do mean gorgeous) son, Reilly (a.k.a. Mr. Poop, which is what I call him). I could eat that boy with a spoon, I tell you.
Amidst all that, we also managed to accomplish quite a bit of work, completing projects for Chick Chat Radio, The Panama Gourmet, Oh! The Oxygen Network, Mommycast, Architexture Studios, Darby Creek Dog Bakery, madTV-regular Crista Flanagan, Legal Mojo, and author Paula Schmitt, just to name a few!
We are so grateful for all of our patient and wonderful clients, some of whom have been with us since the beginning, some of whom are welcome additions to our Moxie family. We wish each of you a beautiful, healthy and happy holiday with your loved ones, whatever holiday it is that you choose to celebrate. May 2007 bring you peace.
And lots of martinis. Merry Christmas.
interview, holiday, cocktails, christmas, charity, boobiethon